11 December 2010

Goodbye


I recently resigned from the Armed Forces of the Philippines, my home for 19 happy months. How ironic that in one of my latest posts I wrote how much I love my job and now I'm blogging that I left it. Sometimes, love's not enough.




It was a hard decision to make but it just had to happen sooner or later, and I think it was the best time to go. Much as I really want to stay, time has come to explore other things (I didnt dare say this during my last day because I would cry even harder...geez..they turned me into a drama queen).

Did I say I had a hard time to leave? I think it was one of the most heartbreaking decisions in my life. I just looooove that place so much. I invested so much love for the job and the people I work with. But anyway, when I talked to my boss about leaving, his words made me feel better. He's behind my decision because it is for my career growth. He said that the sign that you have to move forward is when you feel so much comfortable where you're at.

It's been two weeks since I left and I'm getting used to it. Although it still crushes my heart a bit when I get random texts from my former colleagues that they miss me. :( I miss them too. The PAO, GHQ, AFP will always be home to me. Good thing my friends there are only five MRT stations away.

And in case you want to know, I just moved in to the online arm of the country's leading newspaper. Again, an industry that operates 24/7 and knows no holidays! I'm their latest hire as editorial assistant, the bottom of the hierarchy in the news kingdom. Here's to happy endings and exciting new beginnings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment