24 August 2013

It's Fertility Awareness Week!

My birthday month is almost ending (Whaaat. I know, sorry. No birthday post for me. I was too busy from disaster reporting caused by storm Maring and southwest monsoon which just ended. Thank you Lord, by the way. I got three pimples in the aftermath of that sleepless stormy coverage! May our country recover very soon) and next week is Fertility Awareness Week (Aug 25 to 31)!! I'm way too far from getting pregnant because 1) I dont have a partner. Duh. 2) this is still far from my plans anyway (very much not ready, thanks). But I was sent to a fertility awareness seminar for a coverage which I still can't understand why my editor assigned me at (her words: I always do things for a reason) and yet  I found it very informative and you know what, I actually enjoyed. Hence, I'm sharing it here. And also, I was the only reporter there and the rest were bloggers!! So feeling ko dapat i-blog ko din sya. Hahahaha. I suspect that my editor just wanted me to chill away from my beat. Pwede rin.

Anyway, pharma company Merck Serono collaborated with Asia Pacific Initiative on Reproduction and Philippine Society of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility to put up a website dedicated to couples challenged with infertility at www.fertilityphilippines.com

Infertility is the difficulty of conceiving a child after a year of unprotected sex, as per defined by an  OB at the event, Dr. Mark Ancheta.

I love babies more than you guys ever know, and I think the point of marriage is to eventually have babies in the future. Kaya nga family eh diba. So this post is dedicated to them who are having problems and those who are just curious! I don't want to go to the geeky parts and explain infertility factors here, just go to their website. Or I'll post the link of my story in our news website as soon it's published. Here's a video from Fertility Awareness Asia too!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment